The last few weeks have been a whirlwind, as I’m sure they have been for many people. Here’s a bullet recap of what happened when I wasn’t working at school:
- 12/11 – blocking at InterLakes High School for One Voice’s performance of GOOD NEWS!
- 12/12 – moved Hilary’s furniture to her first apartment in Hudson, NH (2 hours away)
- 12/13 – went to the 99 to celebrate my birthday with Katie and John (1 day early)
- 12/14 – One Voice rehearsal at InterLakes (Happy Birthday to me)
- 12/15 – One Voice tech crew night at InterLakes (one cast member quit that day)
- 12/16 – One Voice Dress Rehearsal at InterLakes (one tech crew member quit that day)
- 12/17 – One Voice Dress Rehearsal at InterLakes (1st run through was fine – 2nd run through the hazer sent the fire alarm and fire curtain into motion – had to cancel 2nd run through…)
- 12/18 – 1st One Voice performance of Good News – packed house (lady had a seizure and had to be taken out 3/4 way through performance…she is OK)
- 12/19 – 2nd and 3rd performances of Good News – packed house both times
- 12/20 – Christmas Sunday at church then 4th and FINAL performance of Good News – overflow crowd and had to turn people away (tore set down and headed home because LINDSEY arrived at 9:30 PM – HOORAY!)
I am not going to put a lot of Good News photos up, but I think you will be able to see them at my friend, Kristin Baker Brown’s facebook (scroll to bottom of page and you’ll find 3 One Voice albums). Here is one she took of most of the cast and crew.
- 12/21 – worked 1/2 a day and then headed to eye doctor to pick up glasses and new trial contacts (hooray I can read without my readers!) Lindsey and Katie went with me and then we hit the grocery store since I was told, “there is nothing to eat in this house” and really there wasn’t and Christmas was closing in on us.
- 12/22 – full day of work at school, but Katie and Lindsey made party mix and peanut butter balls while I was working. John has always wanted a train to go around the Christmas tree; however, we have always had a dog, sooo…I bought a gingerbread train for John and Katie to put together. Here are photos.
Lindsey kept telling them that the train was leaning. Katie said that it was fine, just not structurally sound…
John and Katie decided that really the train was just going around a corner, that’s why it was leaning – so they had to lean too.
- 12/23 – Christmas vacation began! Lots of baking of sausage balls, sugar cookies and gingerbread men. Hilary made it home in time for turkey and broccoli casserole and to decorate the sugar cookies and gingerbread dudes (Derek was there to help for a little bit)
I forgot to take pictures of what they looked like after the glace’ dried and decorations were piped on. I’ll have to see if there are any left for photos. On to gingerbread dudes.
- 12/24 – apple pie and sweet potatoes baked, salad made, presents wrapped, pizza dough made for family tradition of eating pizza while watching White Christmas, then opening stockings. Hilary gave me her smaller tripod, so I tried taking another picture of the Christmas tree with my Kodak P850 (the drive motor is unreliable right now). I like this shot.
- 12/25 – MERRY CHRISTMAS – the best present of all is JESUS! We opened gifts and all got many things and found many surprises. The girls blew me away with an IPod touch – it’s engraved on the back too and John got me a Panasonic Lumix ZS3 (YES!). Hilary got a telephoto lens for her Canon Rebel XT, Katie got IPod speakers and the rest of her Europe trip paid for, John got a Kindle 2, but the best sound effect came from Lindsey when she opened her Wii! We ate our traditional Breakfast Casserole and I fixed some cinnamon rolls for Katie who doesn’t like sausage. Here are a FEW photos.
A game of Parchesi while waiting for lunch.
Honey baked ham, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole (per kids request), salad, rolls, “doctored” mashed potatoes, sparkling grape juice, coffee, apple pie and pumpkin roll! Yum-yum (sound like Grandpa Jones from “Hee-Haw)
- 12/26 – Hilary headed back to Hudson to work at Apple that night – she took Stuart with her – we are officially without a cat, so here is a picture of our only “baby”
- 12/27 – rainy, icy day at church then went to May Kelly’s Cottage (Irish Pub) with John and the girls for lunch followed by the Patriots game. Then played with my new camera and IPod touch. Finally, here is me – taken by me with the new camera.
I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas. God has truly blessed me and my family and we are so grateful. Lindsey is with us for another week and Katie, Lindsey and I are going to visit Hilary on Tuesday. Unfortunately, John has to go back to work tomorrow. Have a blessed week and 2010.