Crazy week so far…

Well, I got up at 2:30 AM Sunday to take Katie to Portsmouth to catch a bus to South Station and from there another bus to King of Prussia, PA. I got back a 6 AM and slept for 2 hours, then went to church and also taught Sunday School. We went out to eat with some people and then I came home and crashed for an hour. I had planned to go to bed early, but the Patriots-Eagles game interrupted that…but it was a worthy cause (GO PATS!). Monday AM we had a 2 hour delay at school due to icy roads – yeah for resetting the alarm. I only stayed for part of One Voice practice Monday night and then came home and crashed. Tuesday was actually a normal day – well all is relative I guess. I woke up with a sinus headache this AM and was dreading getting out of bed. I took some Excedrin at 5:00 AM heated a rice pack and grabbed and ice pack. The dreaded alarm went off at 5:45 AM and I promptly hit the snooze alarm. At 6:00 AM the phone rang – it was ALERTNOW (I love that new system the school uses). I was shocked and dismayed to learn that our school had been broken into AGAIN! This time no one was to come to the school, not even to help clean up. As much as I hate the fact that this has happened two times in 3 months, I was delighted to go back to bed. Pippin was thrilled to be my bedfella (haha). When I finally got moving I accomplished a lot. All the Christmas decoration boxes have been pawed through and most of the decorations are where they belong. I hope to finish tomorrow.

I went to a superb concert put on by REACH OUT (40 voice childrens group from the Lakes Region). They presented “The Mystery of the Manger”. It was wonderful. The kids were trying to prove to a reporter that God’s Word was true and that all the promises about Jesus in the Old Testament had come true. I had to smile though – one of the songs was a blast from the past – reminded me of Northern Lights Youth Choir days. The kids sang Steven Curtis Chapman’s…”A promise is a promise and a fact’s a fact…” It was great!

My sister adopted/rescued a chocolate lab a few months ago and I helped her name him – WONKA! She sent pictures and I just decided to honor this chocolate with a page of his own. He’s been through a lot the last few months, but he has a wonderful owner to love and care for him now – nice job Melodie. Pippin will have a chocolate playmate when we see them this summer.

Quickpage – ALPS Love in Bloom

As far as I know there is school tomorrow….

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: